The Faculty of Geological Engineering (today Institute of Geology and Geophisics) was established in 1951 under Lviv Polytechnic Institute, and was transferred to Ivano-Frankivsk in 1964. The School of Geological Engineering strives to not only conduct advanced research but to also provide high-quality education in the geosciences at the undergraduate and graduate level. Our general education courses draw a great number of students per year. The School of Geological Engineering employs the best and the brightest experts who bring a range of earth and life science disciplines to bear on problems. By integrating our diverse scientific expertise, the SGE is able to understand complex natural science phenomena and provide scientific products that lead to solutions.
The diversity of our scientific expertise enables us to carry out large-scale, multi-disciplinary investigations and provide impartial scientific information to resource managers, planners, and other customers.
There are modern laboratories equipped with the latest hardware systems and tools, where scientific and research works are carried out. The students are trained to collect, monitor, analyze, and provide scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems. There is also modern computing center at student’s disposal.