The Department of Business Economics has a strong tradition for high-quality research and teaching within the fields of economics and business. This is demonstrated through numerous publications in leading international journals, as well as through the education of highly valued candidates at the Bachelor, Specialist’s, Master, and PhD level.
The academic staff of the Department includes 2 Doctors of Economics, Professors, 8 PhDs, Associate Professors, 6 Teaching Assistants, and 6 postgraduate students currently do an internship here.
The teachers of the department actively cooperate with Institute for In-service Training, providing the employees of oil and gas industry with the opportunity to get second higher education or advanced training.
At the department, we constantly strive to maintain a first-class work environment characterized by a productive and friendly atmosphere of mutual respect and willingness to cooperate.
Improve your quantitative skills and your analytical thinking, understand business strategy from an economic standpoint, and develop the tools you need to land a high-profile position in a consulting firm, financial institution, or market research firm.
Our concentrations in economic consulting and public policy analysis train students to apply economics to business decisions and analyze the effect of governmental policies on the business environment.
- Gain hard skills in business analytics, managerial economics, game theory, and forecasting.
- Think strategically within the market and institutional settings in which firms operate.
- Learn about international markets, multinational corporations, and the threats and benefits of globalization.
- Recognize how firms’ actions will elicit reactions from interested rivals, government bodies, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)—and know how to use these reactions to their strategic advantage.
- Go to work at the nation’s top consulting firms, investment banks, and market research firms.